Download - HE Map Editor
Hostile Encounter Map Editor v0.07
Download HE Map Editor beta v0.07 here
- After download unzip in a separated folder and run executable from bin
- Added statusbar usefull info: basement altitude, isometric X,Y etc.
- Changed engine to run in both 24/32 bits and 16bit (565 or 555) color resolutions of desktop.
- It will not run in 8bits pallete mode (256 colors) yet.
- You need 8Mbytes of Video RAM to run Map Editor
- Use key 7 to place DOWN hill and key 8 to place UP hill in main window when in terrain mode
- Use Mouse Right button to place doads,resources and player start positions when in respective modes
- BackSpace key will erase last placed doad or resource but there is NO Undo for terrain
- Page up / Page down will change the altitude. You must use it in steeps of 2 (64,68,70,72 etc).
You can place terrain ONLY on same altitude as basement.
You can place hills on top of other hills if there is enough space.
- Map sizes must be even
- Valid map must contain at least:
- 1 energy patch resouce
- 1 doad (tree or ramp)
- 1 player start position
- some terrain
- To see map in HE Game copy needed files into HE "\Maps" folder.
- Keep experimental maps separated.